Tuesday, August 4, 2009

August 2nd 2009

Jack: Our THIS medal was awesome! I fixed all of my mistakes. Did all the numbers and rode very well. He was pooping on the way to a jump so I gave him a jolt. We missed the distance a bit, but other than that I was happy. We ended with a 76. 

Calypso: We did the Eq as well. The Maclay round was set up like a final level course. It was a solid 3'6"  There was a triple, 2 jumps without standards and many bending lines. Mark and Christie seemed nervous for me to do it. Calypso and I did so well! We got all the numbers and almost all the distances. We got close to the coop jump and got jumpery at some points. Overall, I was very happy with it! The USEF did not go as well. The first two jumps were good. We went to the triple bar and Calypso jumped the shit out of it! We landed a little too close and had to gallop to make the 7 work. Between the footing and not moving up in time, he couldn't really make it over the combination. We took a nasty fall. It seemed like he was going to flip over. I bailed and half fell half jumped off. We were both ok. I kind of needed that to get over being nervous. Overall, I was sooooo proud of us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment