Thursday, August 6, 2009

August 6th 2009

Great day today! I rode very confidently. 

Jack
Open: we picked up the wrong lead walking into the gate. After that it was great.
NEHC: We won! Our course was almost perfect. Our bending 7 was a little tight, but not bad at all! 

Marcus:
THIS: we had to work really hard to make the 5 work because I went in fast to a very steady line. It didn't look too good :-/ we tested 3rd and ended up 3rd. We had to canter directly to a two stride, halt, and sitting trot out. It was pretty easy. 

Central Equine: It was pretty good overall. Not the neatest, but not bad. We tested in 1st place and remained in 1st. you had to canter directly to fence 1 and trot fence 2. Halt and back up. We did it effortlessly. I was so relaxed. 

USEF: great, but i missed a lead change because I bent him out too far to ask for it. 

Macclay: I had a trot step with Marcus' hind end, so I thought I blew it. The rest of the course was pretty good. Not horrible, but definitely not my best. I ended up flatting and placing 2nd. I was surprised. I thought the course sucked. 

Overall, I tried to remain confident and relaxed. Obviously it worked! Now I am qualified for all I want to qualify for :)

No comments:

Post a Comment